Not again… One more blog post for cleaning mattresses? Well, it’s going to be interesting for you. And to be honest, your mattress will thank you for this thing, mainly if you are a parent or own pets. So, what will be the cost of mattress cleaning in Singapore? And what are the best methods to do that? This helpful guide can give you all your answers but don’t forget you are going to enjoy a newly refreshed mattress.
How much will it cost to clean a mattress in Singapore? A dirty mattress with a foul odor is never acceptable for a person to sleep on every night. It doesn’t matter from where they came. Every human being deserves a peaceful night to function properly. Running here and there all day long during school or office hours makes you feel tired, after which you need a good night’s sleep. Sadly, there are a few issues affecting the quality of sleep, and a restless night on a spoiled or smelly mattress is one of them.
If the mattress has odors of filth, cleaning it will remove them easily. Furthermore, mattress cleaning can eliminate insects like bed bugs responsible for poor sleep quality and discomfort during sleep hours. It may sound simple but is quite challenging, and you will require professionals to execute the task. However, this crucial and challenging task can be done to help you with the following nighttime problems:
- Removal of dust mites and bed bugs makes your night terrible by biting.
- Elimination of allergens and dust particles.
- Eradication of viral and bacterial contamination
- Hygiene Issues and ruined mattress condition
A person sheds around ten gms of skin every week during sleep hours, enough for the dust mites to stay alive. So, for instance, they would easily multiply if they were permitted to reside inside your mattress. Dust mites are not responsible for infectious spread but can make asthmatic people react allergically.
Cleaning of bunk beds and smaller mattresses would probably cost you SGD 75. The price range for mattress cleaning of single and double beds is SGD$60-$100. Whereas for the cleaning queen and king-size mattresses, the price will be about SGD$100 and $120, respectively.
Hiring professionals for the stains may cost you more, especially if there is a presence of pee stains. It is due to the fact that the experts will need to use the related disinfectants, detergents, and anti-allergic liquids to get rid of those stains.
Some cleaning experts also prefer to utilize UV-C light. This way, the cleaners terminate the growth and activity of all the pathogens or germs present inside. Despite its expensive cost, UV-C light for mattress cleaning is usually preferred over the standard method.
Steam Cleaning Method for Mattresses
Conversely, it is better to stay away from the cleaners claiming flawless mattress cleaning with steam. Yet steam is evaporated water; it can easily get retained inside your mattress, resulting in dampness. These are none other than clever cheats planning to waste your money by setting up an environment inside for the bacteria.
The simple yet effective cleaning can be done by using an iron firmly on the bedspread at a high temperature to deteriorate the germs inside. Higher temperatures are a potential option for bacterial killing. Not completely successful, but a simple and affordable approach gives your mattress a slight cleanliness improvement.
Generally, mattress cleaning is a necessity. The first step towards a clean mattress can be taken by removing the dirt while refraining from drinking or eating on the bed and not allowing pets on the bed. If sleeping with your enemy causes pain in the future, it’s useless. If regular mattress cleaning is what you prefer, get yourself some helpful cleaning supplies to avoid hiring professionals for the job. It is an inexpensive yet effective way to get mattress cleaning done.
Regular cleaning is specifically advised for people sleeping with their pets. It is because cats and dogs are found to have pathogens like fleas and mites on their fur.
Ultimately the supplies required for the process are towels, a brush, a stain remover, an anti-allergen spray, and a hair dryer. Begin with a stain remover and look for the stains; if you feel like using the brush, do it, and love your mattress alone for drying.
At least spray the anti-allergen once a week after waking up to keep the pathogens and parasites away.
How Can a Mattress Be Professionally Cleaned?
Clean sheets are one of the most satisfying ways of life, but how can you forget about the thing you spend almost one-third of your life on, according to the National Sleep Foundation? Your mattress may serve as a home to mold, mildew, germs, and dust mites because of your skin cells and sweat. Don’t remind yourself about accidental spills. Your mattress will begin to wear out due to these things, which is why regular cleaning makes a difference.
After How Much Time a Mattress Show Wear and Tears Signs?
Most mattresses need replacement after seven to ten years. But your case can differ based on the mattress type and the maintenance level. In terms of durability, high-quality memory foam is a wise and affordable spring mattress choice if you know how to take care of the cleaning. Else it will begin to show signs of wear and tear even more quickly than others.
When to Buy a New Mattress?
The Average Lifespan of a Mattress
Normally, a mattress would stay useful for seven to ten years. The lifespan of a mattress is based on various factors such as type, maintenance, construction, frequency, and material. An average lifespan of a mattress is around 15 years, but only when you take proper care of it. Frequent usage can decrease the life years of a mattress.
When to Get a New Mattress? What are the Signs Showing the Need for Replacement?
Your mattress may show any of these signs to let you know about the need for replacement:
- A good night’s sleep is harder on your mattress, and you are restless the whole night. Maybe it’s time to invest in a new mattress because your mattress is getting unable to offer you comfort and support. As a result, you are facing difficulty sleeping.
- You are waking up to pains around your body. Sadly, the one who is responsible for the aches you surfer from every morning is your mattress. Hence getting a new mattress may help you sleep better, resulting in painless mornings through relief and support.
- A worn-out mattress indicates the requirement for replacement. It must be replaced quickly. The lumpy, cracked, or saggy mattress is a sign of being worn out; know that you need a new mattress now.
How Can You Maintain Your Mattress?
You can increase the life of your mattress by following these guidelines:
- Getting a mattress protector would be a great help. It is the best possible way to keep your mattress away from dirt and stains.
- Vacuuming your mattress should be regular. It helps with the elimination of filth and dust that accumulated over time.
- Where you feel the need, try spot cleaning as it is the most effective cleaning method. Cleaning right after spilling anything prevents terrible odor and filth buildup.
- To evenly distribute wear and tear, you will need to rotate and flip your mattress on a regular basis.
- Edges of the mattress are sensitive; sitting or jumping on them can result in structural damage. Hence avoid it.
- You can go through the instruction booklet you got with your mattress to maintain the cleanliness and lifespan of the mattress correctly.
What are the Ways to Maintain Cleanliness Efficiently?
There are different mattress cleaning ways. Some are even more beneficial and helpful. We are mentioning some of the top techniques to clean your mattress:
- Regular vacuuming. It can be the simplest and most effective method to reach every nook and cranny. Vacuuming from top to bottom removes harmful particles, dust, and dirt.
- It’s better to do spot cleaning. Cleaning right after the spill is essential for mattress cleanliness. You can use mild soap and water to clean the spill.
- Get a mattress protector. Utilizing a mattress protector to maintain the condition and prevent stains is the best option, especially if there are kids or pets in the house.
- Make plans for cleaning professionals. Steam cleaning is yet a good option for removing debris and allergens to avoid issues with asthmatic people. In addition, steam cleaning keeps the mattress clean while extending its life.
Can Steam Cleaning Work for Mattresses?
Most cleaning experts will use a steam cleaner to get the job done. The reason to do that is to get rid of the allergens, dust, debris, and dirt through steam cleaning. In addition, steam cleaning is also efficient against the removal of viruses and bacteria if present inside your mattress.
How Can an Old Mattress Be Thoroughly Cleaned?
Deep cleaning is something different from spot cleaning and is more effective. You need to remove all the sheets and bedding before beginning with a vacuum cleaner with crevices attachment. If you notice any stains, try using a stain remover before even vacuuming. Once you are done with a thorough vacuuming, get help with a steam cleaner for deep sanitation and disinfection. Don’t replace the bedding until the mattress is properly air-dried.
How Much Time Will A Mattress Take to dry?
A mattress will need about 6-8 hours to get entirely dried. The type of mattress, humidity, and temperature of the area where you are drying the mattress contributes to the time limit. It will be great if you go for sunlight for mattress drying. Otherwise, a well-ventilated area will do good. Your mattress may take longer if it’s thick or padded too much. Using a fan can help you in shortening the duration, but it may affect the material quality.
When to Clean Your Memory Foam Mattress?
Memory foam mattress needs to be vacuumed three times a year for required cleanliness. The need for cleaning depends on how frequently it is used and how many people are sleeping on it. Regular or frequent cleaning may be required in a house with pets and children.
How Should A Mattress Be Sanitized?
It is crucial for your mattress to be cleaned regularly to prevent pathogens and dust mites from riding inside the mattress. You can try a few ways to sanitize your mattress:
- You can use a vacuum cleaner with a dust mite attachment.
- Vacuuming from top to bottom and through every nook and cranny is an excellent way out.
- Steam cleaning is also efficient for mattresses.
- It is important to follow the manufacturer’s instructions to maintain the condition and hygiene.
- Finally, an enzyme or upholstery cleaner can be a useful item for mattress cleaning.
How to Effectively Remove Pee from Bed?
Spot cleaning is the best possible way to get rid of foul odors and staining if you or your kid experienced accidental urination on the bed. A mattress with pee can attract more bugs and insects. Hence to keep your mattress clean and fresh, prefer regular cleaning.
There are various causes of a mattress with pee on it. Having kids or pets in your house can be the main cause. Being a new parent usually happens. Urinating on the bed can also happen to adults accidentally. No matter what causes pee on the bed, the aim should be proper and immediate cleaning after such situations for a prolonged mattress life.
Luckily, there are simple and quick ways to prevent foul smells and damage to the mattress:
- First, dry up the excess with a dry and clean cloth to prevent a mess.
- Next, use water and three parts of vinegar to make a solution in a spray bottle.
- This solution can be used to get rid of odor and stains.
- Before removing the mattress, use this solution and leave it for 30 mins.
- Then use a dry towel or cloth to reboot the excess.
- You can also use a vacuum to eliminate the wetness and smell.
- Next, dry up the mattress entirely, and use a fan if needed.
- Finally, vacuum and sprinkle baking soda on the affected area.
Following these simple steps can help you prevent the foul smell and spoilage of the mattress. But if this doesn’t work or you experience some different situation, try contacting a professional cleaning company.
Cost of Mattress Cleaning
The cost of mattress cleaning in Singapore is not expensive. There are many cleaning companies providing professional mattress cleaning services. So the prices are kept low and the quality is still very high due to competition and the expensive types of equipment that they all use.
Still, it is advisable to contact a mattress cleaning company to check for any ongoing promotions or slots that you can fill up to get a better deal!